黄色电影

The High School Student News Site of The American School in London

The 黄色电影

The 黄色电影

Check out our latest issue
Subscribe
Loading
Instagram

Review: Enoteca Rosso provides unique, authentic Italian culinary experience

Alexandra Theofilopoulou
In general, Saturdays prove to be one of the Italian restaurant鈥檚 busiest days, leaving staff extremely busy. Despite their busy schedule, Rosso鈥檚 customer service remained superb.

No matter how many times you go, every bite at Rosso is unique. Its emphasis on traditional dishes makes for complex yet delicious flavor profiles. The consistently delicious food makes choosing your lunch destination easy.

Located in the heart of Kensington, the Italian restaurant is a popular spot for dining, grabbing a quick bite to eat and buying authentic and quality Italian produce.

Rosso鈥檚 vast, modern interior makes it perfect for both casual and sophisticated occasions. Its spacious seating, large windows and open-plan layout give customers a nice view of High Street Kensington.

Rosso prides itself on their selection of fresh ingredients imported straight from Italy. Their restaurant is broken up into two sections: the deli and the restaurant. The deli includes a panini stand where you can design your own panini using fresh Italian ingredients.

After dining at Rosso, here are our thoughts:

Y: I know we went to Rosso yesterday.

A: Yes! We did鈥hat鈥檚 your favorite entr茅e from Rosso?

Y: I could go on for hours. But, if I had to choose, I would get the focaccia with olive oil, olives and of course, buffalo burrata.

A: Yes! They are all amazing options. But if you had to pick one, which one would it be?

Y: That鈥檚 absurd, it’s close to impossible! However, if I had to choose, then, the focaccia would be my favorite.

A: Okay, sounds good! I would definitely agree.

Y: Anyway. Moving on. Alex, what鈥檚 your favorite main course?

A: I love the homemade tagliatelle with the lamb ragu sauce and fresh thyme.

Y: That’s one of my favorites too.

A: I bet the entire menu is your favorite.

Y: No comment! Alex, what did you think of pizza night?

A: Loved it. My margherita pizza was so crispy, the cheese was so melty and the crust was perfectly pillowy. It was amazing. What did you have as your drink?

Y: I also had the margherita pizza.

A: No Yiannis, the drink you had with your pizza! What was it?

Y: Sorry, the pizza was so great, I can’t stop thinking about its complex flavor profile and lovely firm crust.

A: Okay, we get the idea, the pizza was very good. Drink?

Y: I had a fantastic Italian lemonade.

A: Let me guess, you’re probably about to ask me what my drink of choice was, right?

Y: Yes, I was actually, how did you know?

A: Twin telepathy.

Y: That鈥檚 utter garbage. It鈥檚 just predictability.

A: Speaking of predictability, 鈥淧izza Night鈥 was very different from the usual. It just so happened that we were there on a Sunday when there was a modified menu with only pizza.

Y: Do you remember what the dessert was by the way?

A: Of course I do: the Nutella pizza. It has this perfectly doughy crust with this oozing Nutella and chopped hazelnuts. I was in heaven.

Y: Heaven, not yet, but we sure were pretty close, biting into that pizza.

A: Yiannis, why would you recommend this restaurant as opposed to any others?

Y: Well, I think Enoteca Rosso offers a traditional, Italian dining experience and when combined with its friendly staff and wide range of menu items, it is truly an unparalleled experience.

A: I would have answered in the exact same way!

A: Twin telepathy?

Y: Definitely.